[LAU] 64-bit kernel 3.x deb package?

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Thu Aug 9 14:23:39 UTC 2012

On Thu, August 9, 2012 6:29 am, Michał Koziarski wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 9, 2012, at 11:46, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> At 64studio we've learned that the actual performance difference
>> regarding options that are relevant only to one system vs options that
>> are suitable for a distributions are minimal. Debian continues that
>> effort. ..and you get updates.
>
> Does anyone have any comments on using these Debian RT kernels on Ubuntu
> (Studio)?

There was some testing done... I think there was not much difference from
low latency to RT. I think it should work though as I have used upstream
kernels for testing. As with any package, it should be no problem to test
it and back out if it doesn't work. Both the stock kernel and whatever you
load should show up at boot time, so if one doesn't work, just boot the
stock one.

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net