[LAU] Dublin buskers must have at least 20 songs

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Aug 10 10:44:27 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 11:44 +0400, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Oh man, the government just can't keep it's hands off of anything, can
> it.
> I guess soon they will pass a law as to how often you can visit a
> toilet.
>
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:34 AM, david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
>         Keep this in mind, should you ever be in emergency financial
>         need in Dublin:
>
>         http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19111983

In Germany the cities have different laws for music in the streets. On
television I saw that in Munich they each day, early in the morning need
to go to an audition at a department. If an officer likes the music and
there are not to much other musicians that are already allowed to play
in the street, it's possible to get a license. I don't remember if the
license is gratis, IIRC the musicians need to pay for it. When making
music they have to display the license clearly visible.
I don't know the law for my hometown, but I've never seen a musician
display a license clearly visible.

I can understand that there are laws for music in the streets. I hope
they would expand those laws regarding to people listening to 4 to the
flour in cars. If I'm listening to music in my flat and such a car
passes by, I can't hear the music I'm listening too, at this moment, I
only can hear the car's music. This isn't an ironically overstatement,
this really happens. They've got PA systems in their cars and they make
contests who has got the loudest car HiFi.

And really, I won't be forced to listen to El Cóndor Pasa all the day,
when there are three different Bands from Peru, each playing this song
most of the times, in one and the same street.