[LAU] Dealing with hard-to-read websites

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Aug 11 18:59:02 UTC 2012

On 08/11/2012 08:20 AM, Joel Roth wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 08:00:36PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>> On Sat, 2012-08-11 at 07:43 -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
>>> I use a Firefox plugin to reformat pages that suffer from bad
>>> color, too-small fonts, etc.
>>>
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/readability/
>>
>> Thank you, this add-on might have advantages, OTOH the less add-ons
>> Firefox does use, the better.
>> For http://www.wolfdream.ca/article3 it's also possible simply to chose
>> Firefox>  View>  Page Style>  [x] No Style, ignoring the option, Firefox
>>> Edit>  Preferences>  Content>  ...
>
> That's a simple solution, thanks.

If you add the Web Developer toolbar extension, ctrl-shift-L disables
all styles.

Another plugin I use in Firefox might be useful in these situations is
Fangs. It gives you an on-screen text only rendering of a page, as it
would be if a screen reader was reading it.

Suggestion for anyone designing web sites: simple is best. It's OK to
use the standard heading tags and default font sizes. And starting with
a sound base such as one of the Layout Gala templates makes things easier:

http://blog.html.it/layoutgala/

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com