[LAU] Study Finds New Pop Music Does All Sound the Same.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 12 20:46:10 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-12 at 20:31 +0000, Kaza Kore wrote:

> I was quite surprised to read this, with Germany being the birth-place
> of the Steiner/Waldorf education system, which VERY much goes against
> the sentiments expressed in this thread.

"Waldorf-Schulen" aren't state schools. Just some people are able to
join Steiner or Montessori education in Germany. IOW it's only for the
rich. Btw. it doesn't matter, since some people, e.g. me, would fail
those educations too. IIRC we've got a good "experimental" school in
Bielefeld.

> Is it not correct that Waldorf Schools in Germany have full state
> funding/backing?

Sorry, no, they've got nothing in common with state schools. And they
also are far away from being perfect, but at least they are the lesser
of the two evils.

> I don't know why but I always believed this to be the case. I know
> there are some countries in Europe which do give funding for any
> "alternative" schooling. The one I attended in the UK has become the
> first to gain Academy Status and thus some kind of recognition by the
> State but I'm yet to know whether I believe this to be a good or bad
> thing.
>
> I went to the first ever Waldorf School in my final year (15-16 years
> of age) and I was quite blown away by the facilities and what the
> students achieve there! Every child had built typically either a
> guitar or violin in word-working classes by I think it was age 14
> (might have been 12.) The child I stayed with had built a boat we went
> sailing in! Quite amazing really!!

:)

Yes, all German Waldorf folks I know, are less emotionally maladjusted
than I'm ;). I'm not kidding :(.

Regards,
Ralf