[LAU] Study Finds New Pop Music Does All Sound the Same.

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Mon Aug 13 00:41:13 UTC 2012

> If I should be wrong regarding to the German education system, I welcome
> that, but I don't have any hope that I'm mistaken :(. I've seen to much
> evil and I know too much people who confirm this.

Seems to me the problem with Germany and the rest of the world is that
education is a "system". By the definition of "system" it has be
standardized, controlled, measured, etc. And that's probably the whole
problem :)

I think it was Robert Heinlein who said in a number of his books that
education was 2 people (one a teacher, the other a student) sitting on
a log exchanging information. (Complete paraphrase, I don't have time
to look it up properly.)

And if you think a state system, or a privately funded one, will end
up like Heinlein's idea ... well, I've got a bridge you might want to
buy.

It pisses me off that teachers think that arts in schools need to be
evaluated with exams ... but, honestly, I don't have a solution other
than not teaching arts in schools.

Nothing evil going on. Just people doing their jobs :)

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca