[LAU] Non-* family: Suggestions and an error

J. Liles malnourite at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:42:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 4:36 AM, Carlos sanchiavedraz
<csanchezgs at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I just had a few minutes and tried to install Non Session Manager to
> test later in Musix, but failed.
>
> I think I have all required dependencies[1] for
> non-daw-and-mixer-v1.1.0.tar.bz2, although it says that Jack is not
> present when it is (jackd 0.118). But when trying to do "make" it
> doesn't work[2]: No rule for building «nonlib/libnonlib.a», needed for
> «src/send_osc>>.
> Somebody got that same error or just succeeded?
>
> In addition to that, may I suggest something to our partners here of
> the non-family. At first it's not clear where to find Non Session
> Manager tar.gz nor the git site, it is not in its wiki[3] and I
> discovered in other wiki that it is with the rest of the familiy in
> the same tar.gz and git for Mixer and Sequencer.
>
> Thanks.
>

> [1] $ ./configure
> Checking sanity...            ok
> --- Configuration required
> :: Installation prefix? [/usr/local]
> :: Build for debugging? [no]
> Checking for FLTK...          ok (1.1.10)
> Checking for FLUID...         ok
> Checking for ar...            ok
> Checking for makedepend...    ok
> Checking for JACK...          missing!
>  * Suggested package JACK doesn't appear to be installed. Some
> functionality may be missing from your build.
>  * Continuing without JACK...
>
> Checking for liblo...         ok (0.26)
> Checking for sigcpp...        ok (2.2.4.2)
> Checking for XPM...           ok (3.5.8)
>
> [2] $ make
> Calculating dependencies...done
> SESSION_MANAGER         [100%] src/send_osc.C
> make: *** No hay ninguna regla para construir el objetivo
>
> [3] http://non.tuxfamily.org/nsm/
> --
> Carlos sanchiavedraz
> * Musix GNU+Linux
>   http://www.musix.es

You're probably missing the -dev header package for JACK. The build system
uses pkg-config to collect information, so if pkg-config data for that
package is broken on your system, that would also cause a problem. Also,
you're strongly recommended to build the latest from git instead of that
tarball, there have been many improvements. '

And since when is there a wiki?