[LAU] RASP: Music Toolkit

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Thu Aug 16 15:31:27 UTC 2012

On 15 August 2012 at 17:32, Brian Hilmers <djvision at juno.com> wrote:

> Hello, this is my first communication here.

Welcome Brian.

> I'm a former Windows user and recent Linux convert. After switching, I
> noticed some utilities I regularly used in music production were missing
> from the major repositories, simple things like tap-temp, delay/Hz
> calculator, and note-to-frequency conversion. I was looking for an
> excuse to learn programming so I started working on this "music toolkit"
> of mine. It's all the stuff I need for making music calculations all in
> one place (like a producer's Swiss Army knife). Maybe you have a use for
> it too? Includes: tap-tempo, delay/Hz calculator, song time calculator,
> note-to-frequency converter, simple frequency generator, and a metronome.

Looks like a nice tool.

> http://www.brianhilmers.com/code/rasp/
>
> I'm a novice programmer and this is my first project. Advice and help is
> welcome. Thanks.

Well done for a first project!

I'm wondering...  Launchpad has version 2.5, but only in .deb form.
Sourceforge has source form, but only for version 1.5.3.  Is there a
way that you can make the latest version available in source form,
e.g. *-src.tgz, or something like that?

Thanks much...

--
Kevin