[LAU] Start of a series of Slate articles on prog rock

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Aug 18 08:19:23 UTC 2012

On 08/17/2012 08:21 AM, S. Massy wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 09:50:07PM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM, david<gnome at hawaii.rr.com>  wrote:
>>> Most boring progrock in my opinion is solo Rick Wakeman. Without the rest of
>>> Yes, he's tedious!
>>
>> You think Wakeman-senior is boring? Try any of Howe's solo albums.
> Yeah, as amazing a guitarist as Howe is, and he really is IMO, his solo
> stuff is a yawn, by and large. Can't say I agree about ELP, though.

Haven't heard Howe's solo work.

I like The Nice and some of ELP. Not happy with Emerson's propensity to
lift stuff from other artists and not give them credit for it. He gives
credit for some of his classical-based work, but not for one of the
extended synthesizer solos on Welcome Back My Friend. Or maybe I'm the
only person in the world who has Dick Hyman's LP Moog, with "The
Minotaur" on it ...

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com