[LAU] Korku -- A small piece made with Linux

Robin Gareus robin at linuxaudio.org
Sun Aug 19 01:39:19 UTC 2012

On 08/19/2012 02:18 AM, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 01:56:00AM +0300, Ali Polatel wrote:
>> The notes gives my girlfriend the creeps!
>> I was just wondering which movie this piece reminds you :-)
> [http://sutros.com/songs/24519]
>
> I don't why but it reminds me of the Exorcist ... without the chant It
> could be Halloween?

Seriously?!

Have you seen Eyes Wide Shut (one of my favorite movies)? or listened to
its soundtrack?

The piano is [almost] a 1:1 copy from the music during the "judgment
scene" of Eyes Wide Shut - actually a piece by Ligeti called "Musica
Ricercata", 2nd Movement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNixStGxIGU
Korku is even using the same pitch.

Korku's chant is very similar to the voices during the "Ritual Scene" of
Eyes Wide Shut, which takes place a bit earlier in the movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTwRRwUb4IE (video contains nudity -
age-restricted, just close your eyes and listen :) )

NTL. I've added Korku to my playlist. It's a refreshing new take on
this. And my girlfriend loves it, too!

Thanks for sharing, Ali.

Cheers!
robin