[LAU] Any DI boxes that do this?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 26 08:05:44 UTC 2012

> On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 21:24 -1000, david wrote:
> > Thanks, Simon and Harry. I sent the message off, then a while later
> > thought, "Bet I'll just have to combine the stereo to a mono and put
> > that into a standard DI."
>
> If you can't use just the left or right output, but need both, than you
> should decouple the left and right to merge them.
> http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/7269/smadapterll8.jpg
> If the DI box does use transformers, decoupling by resistors might cause
> a high-path filter.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

PS: If the DI box does use op-amps you won't get a high-pass. Even a
high-pass might be inaudible. If you connect left and right without
resistors, you might not get distortion, depending to the outputs of the
keyboard. Doesn't the keyboard provide mono? Sometimes using the left
channel only will add the right channel automatically.

I might be mistaken, but you at least should google.