[LAU] [OT]: Book spam - example 'Qtractor book'

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:38:49 UTC 2012

When I stumbled upon this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Qtractor-Jesse-Russell/dp/5512560239/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1354552431&sr=1-1

I read that it's not a new scam, and that they probably have around
40,000 'books' of that kind and can do it more-or-less legally (although
I'm not totally convinced that the share-alike is totally complied with,
that is they should probably release the sources to the books, which as
far as I can tell are compilations of wikipedia articles)

And this is an additional reason for which I will be avoiding Amazon as
much as possible.

Lorenzo