[LAU] Dance choreography s/w (was csound and inscore examples)

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 02:39:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 12:45 AM, joachim heintz <jh at joachimheintz.de>wrote:

> hi all -
>
> this is mainly for csound users, and for people who might want to use
> inscore from another host, for instance PD or SC.
>
> inscore is a cross-plattform and open source application for displaying
> musical scores in a very general sense: not just a usual score, but also
> any kind of graphic, text, image, signal etc.
>
> inscore is maintained by dominique fober in grame, france. i find it very
> useful for adding some graphical elements and abilities to csound. the
> communication between inscore and another application is done via OSC.
>
> my examples for csound and inscore can be downloaded at
> https://github.com/**joachimheintz/cs_inscore<https://github.com/joachimheintz/cs_inscore>.
> the examples show:
> - the general way of sending data from csound to inscore and back
> - the adaption of some general inscore examples (demo and sine)
> - ways of transforming a displayed text, image or score
> - ways of displaying a signal
> - ways of displaying csound tables in inscore
>
> i have also made some screencast to give an easy introduction to the
> examples:
> http://vimeo.com/54160283 (installation)
> http://vimeo.com/54160405 (examples)
> german versions:
> http://vimeo.com/54159567 (installation)
> http://vimeo.com/54159964 (beispiele)
>
> hope you enjoy it! let me know any problems. all best -
>
>         joachim

Thank you for reminding me of inscore. [I had seen something about it maybe
a year ago then forgot what it was called]

I am on the lookout for a suitable software to record (choreograph??)
dances.  ie below the score of the music I would like to put figurines
showing the postures at/for that point.

The ideal would be a separate software to manipulate stick figures
consonant with the degrees of freedom of the human body and then to be able
to drop them onto a score maybe with text notes.

Short of that I guess I could use some vanilla graphics program and/or just
plain scans of handdrawn images.

Is inscore/something else suitable for this?

Thanks

Rusi
--
http://www.the-magus.in