[LAU] Rock album produced with Linux

Tom Szilagyi tomszilagyi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 17:33:44 UTC 2012

On 7 December 2012 18:09, Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Tom.
>
> It sounds really nice, did you record it entirely on your rehearsal
> room or in a studio? What mics?

Well, you could call it a studio, but that's just a glorified label
for a rented out basement room fitted with lots of mineral wool. We
used it for rehearsals, and then we went on to record here as well.
There are some photos and information about gear (including mics)
here:
http://submareen.net/archives/117

> I would say, just to add some constructive critics, that maybe would
> be nice to add some more depth and EQ to voices and some solos, just
> not to be in-your-face. But maybe it was your intention.

It's an in-your-face album, laden with claustrophobia! :) That said, a
(varying, but usually quite small) amount of artificial ambience was
mixed to virtually everything. No spacious decays though... Also, some
vocals received the 'classic' (or infamous?) slap-back echo (via TAP
Echo).

Thanks,
Tom