[LAU] A surprisingly stupid RT priority question

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 19:19:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 2, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> nice has absolutely nothing to do with this, and if it has any effect, it is
> accidental and should not be relied on.

I know that's your stock answer whenever someone mentions nice, but if
the OP is talking about SCHED_OTHER processes, nice does play a role.

But if the OP really wants to play with fire, try "chrt".  Keep a
shell open with higher priority in case the process never blocks, so
you can kill it.  "taskset" might also be useful for multicore
machines.