[LAU] Convert Sonatina library to MIDNAM

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 10:28:59 UTC 2012

On 12/11/2012 07:05 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 06:14 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>> On 12/11/2012 01:57 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It might be an good idea to make MIDNAM files from the Sonatina SFZ
>>> library. MIDNAM instrument files can be used in Ardour 3.
>>> I found the scripts of the Openoctave team, but I've no knowledge about
>>> orchestras, the amount of violins needed etc.
>>>
>>> Here are the scripts:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/johnsen/lscp2midnam
>>>
>>> I know more or less how they work
>>>
>>> \r
>>
>> First attempt. The path in the lscp file need to be adjust to your local
>> settings.
>>
>> https://github.com/johnsen/Sonatina-symphonic-orchestra-MIDNAM.git
>>
>> See the README
>
> What is a good way to do for the path, e.g. to make it usable for
> 'everybody'? Assume they place the sonatina folder in ~/ ?
>
> So /home/derick/linuxaudio/linuxaudiodata/sonatina/Sonatina/...
>
> becomes
>
> ~/sonatina/Sonatina/...
>
> Or is there is smarter 'linux-way'?
>
> \r
The oomidi team is using

MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT NON_MODAL 0 0 0 SFZ
'@@OOM_SOUNDS@@/sonatina/Sonatina\x20Symphonic\x20Orchestra/Strings\x20-\x201st\x20Violins\x20Sustain.sfz'

@@OOM_SOUNDS@@ links to /usr/share/sounds or ~/.sounds somehow. Both
places are not ideal imho.

Suggestions?

Btw here are some templates of the oomidi team for LinuxSampler
https://github.com/johnsen/Sonatina-symphonic-orchestra-MIDNAM/tree/master/Oomidi_templates

Please test the sonatina.midnam file and the Sonatina lscp file and let
me know what an good setup for orchestral composing is, or change it
yourself and share your experiences.

\r