[LAU] OT: Durable headphones

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Dec 17 20:24:30 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 20:38 +0100, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> Hello Ralf,
>
> I'm using this one:
> http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/studio-and-stage/studio-headphones/dt-770-pro.html
> And I'm happy with it. It's not semi-open though and it's ohmage is way
> lower (250) so it's probably not the most adequate replacement.

It should be semi-opened. However, I guess those expensive modern Bayer,
Sony, Sennheiser, AKG etc. from the last 20 years until now, do all have
got a better sound quality and can replace my old AKG regarding to the
sound quality. It's not needed to replace it yet, but since it's very
old, perhaps in the future. I experienced those new headphones as very
fragile. It's used for the first time, 10 minutes old, it get out of the
hands of a guest, bumped just on the table and there's some odd noise
for some frequencies. I heart this in professional studios for Bayer,
Sony, Sennheiser and at home I've got Quart HiFi headphones for guests,
all do sound bad for some frequencies, because of accidents. My AKG was
victim of children, had countless accidents and still is 100% ok.

However, Jeremy did your DT 770 pro and David, did your HD280 "go
flying" several times, without getting unwanted noise for some
frequencies? Durability for me is very important, since I don't have the
money to buy headphones again and again.

Thank you,
Ralf