[LAU] OT: Durable headphones

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Dec 17 21:27:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 20:58 +0000, Chris Cannam wrote:
> On 17 December 2012 20:24, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> > It should be semi-opened. However, I guess those expensive modern Bayer,
> > Sony, Sennheiser, AKG etc. from the last 20 years until now, do all have
> > got a better sound quality and can replace my old AKG regarding to the
> > sound quality.
>
> My impression is that headphones haven't changed a great deal over the
> last 20 years or so. Have they? Have I been missing out?
>
> (I use Beyer DT250s, about a decade old, which I love 'cos they're so
> comfy -- though the sound is pleasing rather than particularly
> accurate)

I'm ambivalent, resp. I agree. The AKG is around 30 years old and
perhaps 10 years later there was a step forward and there might be no
big differences until today.

To enjoy music I always preferred Bayer, but the AKG IMO is better to
produce music. I can't pay for more than one headphone, so I bought the
AKG instead of a Bayer.

Regards,
Ralf