[LAU] OT: musicmadewithlinux: Mozart Symphony #40

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Dec 17 23:01:29 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 23:21 +0100, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> On Monday 17 December 2012 14:22:49 Julien Claassen wrote:
> >    Yet, this is the only way you can play mozart, he doesn't deserve
> > better.  Not, that isn't well played, but the sounds show this piece
> for
> > what it is.
>
> I'm not sure if you are serious or just kidding.
>
> For me, it is a masterpiece.
> http://archive.org/details/Mozart_Symphony_40

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791)
Barock                  (1575 - 1770)
Rokoko                  (1730 - 1770)

Perhaps Julien does like the pathos of the Barock, but not the decadence
and kitsch of the Rokoko.

The Symphony is ok, but I would call Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour 1974 a
masterpiece and not Mozart, also he has composed stuff as ...

"Der Vogelfänger bin ich ja,
Stets lustig, heißa hoppsassa!
Ich Vogelfänger bin bekannt
Bei Alt und Jung im ganzen Land."

I only own the Requiem, but haven't listen to it for years. At the
moment I'm listening to High Time - MC5.

Mozart isn't Rock'n'Roll, some classic compositions are Rock'n'Roll, but
Rokoko?

IMO > 1900 we got music, that is simply more sophisticated, from
Schönberg to Hendrix. Mozart often is unintentionally hilarious seen
from our period.

2 Cents,
Ralf