[LAU] musicmadewithlinux: Mozart Symphony #40

Burkhard Woelfel versuchsanstalt at gmx.de
Tue Dec 18 21:58:25 UTC 2012

KV 465! And there was this brillant recording by Quatuor Ebène a few months ago. Must have listened to that one for over twenty times up til now. Great room and engineering, too.

And - geez! - Ralf. Zauberflöte. Really? You forgot to mention Mozartkugeln.

- Burkhard

 Goetze <tim at quitte.de> schrieb am 18.12.2012 00:06:

[Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas]

>On Monday 17 December 2012 14:22:49 Julien Claassen wrote:

>>    Yet, this is the only way you can play mozart, he doesn't deserve

>> better.  Not, that isn't well played, but the sounds show this piece for

>> what it is.

>I'm not sure if you are serious or just kidding.

>For me, it is a masterpiece.

>http://archive.org/details/Mozart_Symphony_40

The trouble with Mozart is, he makes it sound so easy that many assume

it's child's play.

A great piece no doubt, when not played by a humming bunch of lifeless

machines.  (My favourite is K310 though.)

Linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org