[LAU] Calling all Swami gurus...

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Wed Dec 19 05:20:26 UTC 2012

I have now created a fairly nice drum soundfont will all sorts of
tweaks, which works perfectly.  I'd like to create another instrument
within the same soundfont that uses most of the same settings (panning,
attenuation, envelopes, etc.), using the first one as a starting point,
but simply repoint each instrument zone to different samples.

What's the easiest way to do that?  I've already done copy/paste to
create my new instrument that is a clone except for the name, but short
of going through and deleting/recreating every single zone in the
instrument (which would defeat the point of copying and pasting), I
can't see a way in the GUI to easily just repoint to a different sample.

Is there any documentation to this program?  I've searched high and low,
and it looks like you're really expected to learn Swami by using
Creative Labs Vienna on Windows.  It's remarkable, since most programs
that lack docs also lack quality, but from what I've seen Swami 2.0
hasn't failed to do anything I've asked or crashed once in days of
usage.  It seems to be a perfect soundfont editor whose one flaw is it
doesn't have any documentation.

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky