[LAU] Recommended soundcard

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 09:25:25 UTC 2012

Hi Tim!

We've had countless threads on this here and on the LinuxMusicians forum
and I can summarise it like so:

Buy RME stuff if you've got the money. Focusrite are the best supported
Firewire devices although to be honest I can't recommend going down that
route (Firewire/FFADO) as its pretty much a dead interface.

If you want a USB device, RME do a class-compliant device that SHOULD work
but its pricey and I haven't heard of anyone confirming JACK likes it yet
but there is also the audiobox 1818vsl and the Focusrite Scarlett USB 2.0
devices which are known to work under Linoox if you're working on a smaller
budget.