[LAU] Together At The End Of The World (song)

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Dec 21 11:39:01 UTC 2012

On Fri, December 21, 2012 10:23 pm, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Very old song resurrected for the occasion. Again.
>
> http://linux-sound.org/audio/Together_At_The_End_Of_The_World.mp3
>
> http://linux-sound.org/audio/Together_At_The_End_Of_The_World.ogg
>
> It's another crappy production from StudioDLP. Try to enjoy it while we
> last.
>
> No trans-fats, zero cholesterol. Safe and fun for the whole family.

Playing on loop until the end cometh ;-)

I wonder if you would be interested in putting some tunes to a little
ditty I have been putting aside for a rainy day? Now the the apocalypse
has arrived it seems that we have no time like the present.

It's called "The Peak Oil Blues" and goes a little sumfink like dis:

++++

[ set to the tune of Gershwin's "Summertime" in e minor ]

I got da blues
I got da blues real bad
I got da blues
I got da blues real bad,
Oh yeah!

I got the blues
I got da peak oil blues
I got da blues
I got da blues real bad

It's exponential
1 second to midnight
It's exponential
Consumption running riot
Oh yeah!

It's bringing me down
I can't get around town
It's bringing me down
I can't get around town
Oh yeah!

My wheels are bald
My tank is empty
No food on my table
No work to be found
Oh Yeah!

I got da blues
I got da blues real bad
I got the blues
I got da peak oil blues...

++++

I'm sure you can come up with a few verses off the cuff depending on the
audience reaction :-)

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd