[LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 17:41:59 UTC 2012

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 9:50 AM, John Murphy <rosegardener at freeode.co.uk>wrote:

> I may have just found something more suitable than I've seen before. Eight
> line level inputs to one ADAT with word clock in/out in half rack width.
> Pretty reasonable price too. SMPro Q-ADAT.

If it works for you have fun.  I will say that I haven't been to impressed
with what I have seen in as far as reviews of other SMPro equipment if it
is the manufacturer I am thinking of, but I have not used any hands on to
be certain.

> > > Synth manufacturers: Why no ADAT out?
> > >

> > Korg Triton, as an example, years ago had it.  I liked the concept, in
> > reality it very rarely got used, thus why it likely got removed(Pure
> > assumption on my part).  For gigging musicians, it means savings
> thousands
> > of dollars on AD/DA conversion, for studio musicians many are switching
> > controllers and computer based synths or using analog synths.
>
> Was it an option for the Triton? I've seen little boards for the rack
> version
> at $400. Alesis Quadrasynths had it, of course.

Yes, I worked with a keyboardist for some time that never knew what it was
till I taught him what it was and how to use it.  Not sure he ever used it.

         Seablade