[LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 23 22:41:49 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-12-23 at 15:02 +0000, John Murphy wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 22:34:32 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > So it's not off-topic, the ADA can get very hot and we should be
> > careful, turn it off, when we leave the room to take a rest.
>
> I'll be mindful of that when the other half of my new rack arrives.
> I'll separate the two by 1u gap - patchbay - 1u gap I think.
>
> Must be just an inefficient PSU design I guess. Digital conversion
> isn't a particularly power demanding process is it? I'll investigate
> after the holiday (or maybe even during if I get my way :)).
>
> Thanks for all the pointers and consolations.

Some time ago I had to repair the PSU of my Behringer mixing console,
resp. a friend had to do it, since it was needed to unsolder with hot
air and I don't own a hot air soldering station. It did work for some
years. IIRC it were some capacitors that needed to be replaced by some
for higher voltage.

Most of the head of the ADA is above the PSU.

My is on a shelf ~ 1u headroom at the bottom and ~ 2u headroom at the
top.