[LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Dec 27 14:27:22 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-25 at 14:33 +0100, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 12/24/2012 05:38 PM, Brent Busby wrote:
> > Since the albums of this era are seldom put out on vinyl
>
> If I buy new albums I can almost always get the album on vinyl. There is
> being more released on vinyl then say 15 years ago. And there is also in
> almost all cases more love being put into the vinyl release: better and
> more artwork (especially when the album has been released as a double
> 45RPM LP), extra tracks, colored vinyl (yeah, you can discuss if that
> deteriorates the sound even more) and download vouchers to get a digital
> copy of the album. Enough reasons for me to buy as much albums on vinyl
> as possible.

A friend switched to CDs only and he e.g. can't get "The Cry Of Love"
from Jimi Hendrix on CD, since production has stopped. He easily could
get the same old vinyl I've got.

I experienced, that e.g. the "I against I" and "Rock for Light" from the
Bad Brains do sound much better on the original records, than on CDs I
heard.

Regards,
Ralf