[LAU] LinuxSampler SFZ problem and MIDI map question

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Fri Dec 28 11:45:44 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone!
   First the SFZ problem: there is something wrong with upper and lower case
letter in paths. I have a version of the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra. I had
to change pathnames for the Strings - violin.sfz to only have lowercases. At
least on the direcdtory levels. I checked the original file against the
original pathnames, and for that it worked. So is there a bug?
   The question regarding MIDI maps. I'd love to create a MIDI instrument map
to compreise a lot of my currently used instruments. Only, there are a couple,
which will need more then one sampler channel. I don't want those channels to
have anything loaded, when that program isn't used. So what do I do for those?
   Example: program 1 piano, program 2 drumkit (four channel), program 3
harpsichord (only one channel again). As I understood the ondemand policy, the
instruments on channels 2, 3 and 4 will only be loaded, as long as nothing
else is loaded on these channels. So I'd have to do something to them, for the
rest of the drumkit to unload. Some of these pianos or other instruments are
HUGE!
   Any idea, how to work around this?
   Warm regards
          Julien