[LAU] Multiple ICE1712 cards setup with jack2

mn0 mn0 at fukked-up.de
Wed Feb 1 21:55:08 UTC 2012

Am 01.02.2012 22:31, schrieb Joe Hartley:
> On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:48:16 +0100
> mn0 <mn0 at fukked-up.de> wrote:
>
>>> Hope this helps, or at least gives you a starting point for troubleshooting.
>> Oh yes, I found the shared IRQs and I know for certain, it's possible to
>> use jack 1.9.7 with .asoundrc and two ICE1712.
>
> While I agree that the Jack: JackGraphManager::AssertPort error would seem
> to be some sort of pointer issue, odd things happen when the hardware
> configuration is less-than-stable.  Sharing an IRQ with both a SATA and
> a USB controller sets up a situation where I can odd things happening.
>
> Changing slots is one wat of getting a different IRQ; your motherboard
> may also have a way of setting or reserving IRQs in its BIOS.  I recall
> having to try a few different slots before the cards got unique IRQs.
>
> I did some searching, and found that you're not the only one with a
> similar issue.  This user had different hardware but very similar
> errors:  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1580566
>
> One last thing to check, based on my searches - the AssertPort error
> has been associated with some plugins.  You haven't mentioned a client
> program, so I'm not sure if jack dies before you can start one, or if
> there's a correlation here.  If the errors actually happen after you
> start something like Ardour, I'd see what happens if you disable the
> plugins.  There are some that will absolutely hammer my system every
> time I try to use them.  They might be from the C* set, but I really
> can't remember off the top of my head.

I know others have similar problems but found none with a solution so
far. I have exactly this tab already opened.

It crashes without clients.
Will now try jack1, if it doesn't help change slots until I have IRQs
fixed. My BIOS allows to reserve IRQs I just don't understand how that's
supposed to work:
I can choose either "PCI" or "reserved" per IRQ-number.
So...what's happening if I reserve let's say #15 ?
Anyway I'd have to check out which device is hw:0 and hw:1 again etc.
That's why I'll test jack1 first.

/mn0