[LAU] harmonySEQ 0.16

Rafał Cieślak rafalcieslak256 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 20:25:25 UTC 2012

2012/2/6 Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren at gmail.com>:
> Hey Rafal,
>
> Cool stuff, haven't really tested it yet but that'll happen during the next
> couple of days. I'm really intrested in using HarmonySeq together with my
> own project Luppp (which does the audio side of live performance).
>
> I see you have some sort of OSC interface, is there documentation or a spec
> anywhere? Perhaps I'm jumping the gun a little, I need to just spend some
> time thinking about how to interface between the two programs.
>
> Will be keeping an eye on this. Is there a public repo somewhere? Could only
> find the tarball on the site... -Harry

Unfortunately, I haven't yet managed to write a harmonySEQ manual,
which would explain all these things in detail (but I hope to do so
one day, and am looking for anyone interested in helping).

The OSC messages used by harmonySEQ have their explanation in the OSC
settings tab in the preferences window (not a reasonable place, but
had no better idea as there is no manual at the moment).
Note that harmonySEQ uses OSC only for input - so you can steer it
with OSC messages, but will not output any OSC messages - so it cannot
work as an OSC sequencer.

The supported messages include:
/harmonyseq/pause - which pauses harmonySEQ
/harmonyseq/play - just the opposite
/harmonyseq/tempo X - sets the global tempo to X (a float value)
/harmonyseq/sync - forces harmonySEQ to stop playing the current bar
and immediately skip to the next one - useful for synchronization
/karmonyseq/kill - forces harmonySEQ to quit immediately (I have not
found yet why it may be useful, but someone e-mailed me requesting
this feature)
And, probably the most important one:
/harmonyseq/event T - triggers OSC event with tag T (integer), and
executes actions bound to it.

The only repository I have is an Ubuntu PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~rafalcieslak256/+archive/harmonyseq

I wish you the best experience with harmonySEQ and Luppp!