[LAU] iPad and Linux audio

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Feb 7 12:03:54 UTC 2012

On 02/07/2012 12:21 AM, Paul Davis wrote:
> this is what *CANNOT* be done sensibly on android:
>
> TC-11: http://www.bitshapesoftware.com/instruments/tc-11/
> Orphion: http://vimeo.com/35131490
>
> watch them both, and prepare to weep. Orphion doesn't have the most
> interesting synthesis, alas.

watched, prepared, and wept.

granted, the orphion base sound is limited, but what an instrument!

let them make a few well-earned bucks in the app store, and when apple
has screwed them over once too often by breaking compatibility or
changing the terms of the app store in weird ways, we'll have two more
highly skilled and motivated linux developers :-D