[LAU] harmonySEQ 0.16

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Feb 11 10:08:49 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:28:54AM +0000, Harry van Haaren wrote:

> I'm a little confused on how this is a very useful event to send: If I send
> it as Luppp goes on to the next bar, it may only be recieved when
> HarmonySeq *is* already on the next bar, and then HarmonySeq will skip a
> bar...
>
> A nasty hack would be to wait until on the 1st beat of the bar, then send
> the /sync and hope that they stay in sync after that... I'm not really sure
> how to fix this properly... do you have any ideas? :)

The real solution would be for the receiver to interpret this
somewhat differently: jump to the *nearest* bar.

A small variation of this would be to not jump to the nearest
bar but apply a small tempo change (proportional to the distance
to the nearest bar). The result of a series of sync messages
would then be to align both tempo and beat without any jumps.
This is a phase locked loop in fact.

Ciao,

--
FA

Vor uns liegt ein weites Tal, die Sonne scheint - ein Glitzerstrahl.