[LAU] First release: LinuxBand 12.02 Beta

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Feb 12 20:52:51 UTC 2012

On Sunday 12 February 2012 22:26:50 Ales Nosek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just to introduce myself. I'm a developer mainly in C++ and Java on Linux
> platform. In my free time I like to play jazz guitar. To accompany my
> improvisation practicing I has been using MIDI files generated by MMA. To
> facilitate writing of MMA files and playing them back I created LinuxBand.
> I hope you'll enjoy it.
>
> Ales
>

> LinuxBand is a GUI front-end for MMA (Musical MIDI
> Accompaniment)<http://www.mellowood.ca/mma/>.
> Type in the chords, choose the groove and LinuxBand will play a musical
> accompaniment for you.
>
> It’s an open source alternative to Band-in-a-Box featuring:
>
>    - Easy to use graphical interface
>    - Open and well-documented data format
>    - Output to JACK Midi <http://jackaudio.org/> to facilitate co-operation
>    with other audio applications
>
> Home page: http://linuxband.org/
> Project page: https://github.com/noseka1/linuxband

Cool. Looking forward to playing with this.

Being a dedicated Jammer-Pro user for all these years (works almost 100% using
Wine), an opensource alterntive is great news. More styles and riffs, use them
both! Humanize the MIDI with the Ntonyx Style Enhancer -- I've been with this
one since they made it, also works maybe 90% ("destructive" editing only)
using Wine. Then on to ... choose one: Ardour, Rosegarden, Qtractor, etc. (ex-
windows Cakewalk user).