[LAU] Mic for accoustic (bass) guitar

Al Thompson althompson58 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 02:45:11 UTC 2012

On 02/12/2012 03:20 PM, jonetsu wrote:
> but also... what about your mixer?
>> a trabant shipped with ferrari engine would not do the job as you
>> expect :-)
> Interesting.  My answer is: none.  The microphone cable would go to a
> passive direct box (*) I got some time ago and the output of the box
> then goes into the M-Audio 1010LT card and fed to Ardour.  I do not see
> at the moment why there would be an external mixer in there.
>
> (*) http://www.radialeng.com/re-jdi.htm

Well, get rid of the direct box, for one thing.  You only need a direct
box to convert a signal to a mic level, balanced signal of the proper
impedance to be fed into a mic input.  The output of a microphone is
already a balanced, mic level signal of the proper impedance.

--
---

  http://lateralforce.no-ip.org

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]