[LAU] Mic for accoustic (bass) guitar

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Mon Feb 13 22:27:11 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 01:39:36PM +0200, Moshe Werner wrote:
> On most recordings that I did with acoustic bass and/or double bass I
> didn't use the pickup because the sound is not as full as that from the mic.
> Also you have to play with the mic and source position because when
> recording low frequency sources (i.e. bass) room modes have a great impact
> on the sound.
> You can have a great mic and place it in a dip where you don't get certain
> frequencies. This is even more relevant when recording in a small room.
I second both of these statements. Also, each guitar/player combination
has its very own sweet spot, ane likely the same with acoustic basses.
Personally, I would experiment some more before purchasing something
which may or may not solve your perceived problem (or potentially even
make it worse).

Cheers,
S.M.