[LAU] usb interface 4+ out channels?

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Fri Feb 17 10:36:07 UTC 2012

Hi Joachim,

On 02/17/2012 11:26 AM, joachim heintz wrote:
> i do urgently need a (professional) usb audio interface for my linux
> laptop (ubuntu 11.04). i need at least 4 seperate output channels. i
> don't have an express card slot or firewire.
>
> i have looked at the alsa site and read many threads, but i couldn't
> find any option which fits for my needs (emu0404 seems to work but needs
> an additional digital-analog-converter).

not professional, but the ESI Maya 44 USB is a very compact, USB powered
solution (with asymmetric inputs and outputs) which works with the
standard USB driver. Noise floor is moderate, and seems to be quite
robust against other USB devices. For the first two channels it provides
also an optical SPDIF output.

- Giso