[LAU] Jack Will Not Start

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon Feb 20 19:35:33 UTC 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:35:21 +0200
David Baron <d_baron at 012.net.il> wrote:

> Running Debian Sid, 3.1 Kernel (Alsa is problematic in 3.2!).
>
> The target audio device hw:1 is a usb-audio Lambda interface.

It could be helpful to run "aplay -l" to verify that the device you are
trying to start jack on is actually the device you want.  I have a
similar problem with some other software that defines my audio devices,
and if I do not plug them in after booting in a specific order, the
software can end up trying to open my MIDI control surface as an audio
device.  It sounds to me like something similar may be happening here.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com