[LAU] OT: Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Feb 25 06:19:47 UTC 2012

On 02/24/2012 10:45 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> A paradox: We call it AMD64, but expect Intel to work with Linux,
> instead of AMD :p.

Well, the difference between AMD and Intel video is that Intel video
driver folk didn't decide to replace their entire set of working drivers
with a new set and architecture that doesn't work reliably. And the
Debian Community didn't decide to stop distributing the drivers that
work. (I've HEARD that the reason they did it is to add 3D support.
Sounds to me like they're aiming at video gamers, not ordinary people.)

But then pro audio is a microscopic sliver of Linux applications, so who
listens to those people, anyway?

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com