[LAU] Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!

hermann brummer- at web.de
Sat Feb 25 07:15:09 UTC 2012

Am Freitag, den 24.02.2012, 20:22 -1000 schrieb david:
> On 02/24/2012 08:10 PM, hermann wrote:
> > Am Samstag, den 25.02.2012, 06:19 +0100 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> >> For what reason the nv driver is dropped right now?
> >>
> >> - Ralf
> >
> > The answer is simpler the you suspect:
>
> Simply put it this way: Something that doesn't get maintained (probably
> because the egos of the developers aren't stroked so much doing
> maintenance than developing something new) STILL SHOULDN'T BE REMOVED
> WHEN IT'S THE ONLY OPTION THAT WORKS.
>
> Bah.

That's the wrong conclusion. Maybe it strikes you hard, I understand
that, but don't forget that all work in debian is done for free, every
one do what he think is necessary.
Also note please that nor the nv driver or the nouveau driver are
developed by debian, they are part of Xorg/Xf86, so also your conclusion
over the egos of the debian "workers" is wrong.

Again, if you wish to see this package back in debian, offer your work
for free and just do it. or, try to find someone how do it for you.
Or select a distribution, witch offer this package to you.

A un-maintained package can't be a part of the distribution. It makes no
mater if it is the only working solution (for you), or not.

greets
hermann