[LAU] Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sat Feb 25 10:40:55 UTC 2012

On 02/25/2012 07:05 AM, david wrote:
> On 02/24/2012 10:18 AM, hermann wrote:
>> Am Freitag, den 24.02.2012, 09:35 -1000 schrieb david:
>>> I do. They should just keep up the NV drivers that DO work until the
>>> Nouveau drivers also work AND SUPPORT THE SAME HARDWARE, instead of
>>> dropping NV completely.
>>
>> You are free to download the source here :
>> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/xserver-xorg-video-nv
>>
>> and patch it to make it work on debian/sid.
>> Then, you gone be a part of "They" ;-)
>
> Nice fantasy. I used to be able to read C++ code, but that was long ago.
>
> I think the real problem is that like a few other Linux communities (and
> Mac OS X and Windows), Debian doesn't listen to users.

I've made quite the opposite experience; most if not all
Debian-maintainers that I - either as user or developer - have
communicated with are very open and responsive to feedback.

What goes around, comes around.

> And the decision
> to replace a "known working product" with a "flaky experimental product"
> makes me question their project management abilities, too.

hell yeah, shit happens :)

Related to this discussion, Jake Edge has just written a very good
article called "Changes and complaints":
https://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/482557/7474ad08811a6570/