[LAU] New computer planned

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Feb 26 08:52:29 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-02-26 at 06:03 +0100, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Celejar wrote:
>
> >> Squeeze stuff is rather old by now.
> >
> > Fair enough - I'm just saying that perhaps we shouldn't go around
> > saying that linux support for Intel is perfect, when Debian stable is
> > shipping badly broken software for mature and not obsolete hardware.
> >
> Well, this is the way the debian release cycle works. If you want a
> distro with a fixed six month release period, then you may be better
> off with ubuntu. In case you just need more recent versions of stuff,
> there is always testing, which is not as fragile as it sounds.
>
> ---<)kaimartin(>---

Again, read
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2012-February/date.html , thread "Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!".

What Debian should we install, to get a working system?

Go with stable if you use NVIDIA, you are an idiot if you use NVIDIA,
use Intel and install Debian, but not stable :D???

Cool! I dropped my Debian install for other reasons.

- Ralf