[LAU] The Salamander Drumkit

alexander axeldenstore at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 14:33:27 UTC 2012

>> There's a separate note for hat pedal (I think it's G#1) -- when you hit
>> that it'll mute any playing non-pedal hat sounds.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Leigh
> Thank you. Bb2 ->  Ab2 does the trick. There's still some reverb but
> that's probably OK and will blend into the mix.
>
> robin

You should use the semi-open hats instead, they're located on the same
key as the closed eg, Gb2, only you gradually open the hihat with
sustain messages. All bellow 2 is closed and gradually moves up to 127,
there are 7 semi open layers.. in the preview I only use those and no
open hihat sample, The result is much better! remember to play around
with velocity too!