[LAU] The Salamander Drumkit

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Wed Feb 29 23:24:03 UTC 2012

Hi Alexander!
   I've had a nice long play with the Salamander drumkit tonight, I got my own
key layout, which anyone interested can find here:
http://juliencoder.de/jpc_sdk.sfz
   Beyond the switching of the key layout I had to do one other thing and that
was to remove the seq_length=10 from the snare2off, since that didn't allow me
to really play it in my LinuxSampler. I got the svn from yesterday, so it's
new enough. :-)
   I substituted the snare2off for the missing third (high) tom and it works
wonderfully.
   Well after playing I can only say: The sun has risen and shone brightly on
me! ah, what a lovely sound and playbility! I might need to reconsider the
decision or too in my layout, but it is just pure joy to play it, from metal
to prog, rock and pop - I'm not good at jazz :-( - I've done it all and not
found it wanting. I'll probably dream of drums tonight. :-)
   Great job Alexander! It must have been a tremendous effort, to record it and
then clip it all to the correct sampling points and find the right layering
and everything. It's simply superb and yes now I REALLY am looking forward to
using it in one of my next pieces!
   Enthsed rhythmics - aehm regards
            Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;