[LAU] Have some free music!

alexander axeldenstore at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 00:46:10 UTC 2012

On 01/01/2012 08:11 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 5:16 PM, alexander<axeldenstore at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Time for some harmless selfpromosion ;) five new songs since I last posted.
> loving this stuff! you consider getting a copy/link to nitya who runs
> Sonic Universe at somafm
>
>      http://somafm.com/sonicuniverse/aboutyourdj.html
>
> it would fit right in (to the extent that anything on Sonic Universe)
> ever fits right in.
>
> like others, i'll be interested to hear what you used to record/create
> this music.

Thank you all for your intereset!

The last 3 songs, track 6, 7 and 8 wich are the earliest ones are
recorded with a zoom h4n, all piano is pianoteq play, except Trace of
events wich actually is the very grand piano I sampled to create the
salamander piano library, it's not a very good recording of it tho, I
just placed the zoom on the note stand and started fiddleing around,
then found the recording a year later and decided make something of it
:). I've recently bought one of those tascam dr680 multitrack recorders
which I now lay down the drums with. And no, nothing is
programmed(except that shaker thing in the conveyor belt song) I like
the idea of being a multiinstrumentalist with drums being my main
instrument ;) I do sometimes correct really major mistakes on the piano
with midi but mostly I want to be able to actually play my songs, I've
been thinking about relaxing this idea slightly tho(I mean, why not use
the tools when they're there). It's all mixed in ardour, mostly a3 to
generate some bugreports. In the way of composing it's really a project
to find my way of creating music, I'm not really there yet tho...

Paul; thanks for that link, I might do just that ;) oh and and even more
thanks for the wonderful work on ardour, you are a true cornerstone of
the world of pro-audio on linux!