[LAU] monitor specifications

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 8 14:47:14 UTC 2012

> I would make the point that familiarity with your monitors is as
> important (if
> not more so) as their supposed quality.

Good point! Familiarity with the bottlenecks of the whole equipment is
very important.

> That's really interesting Ralf. I also found this
> http://www.rft-hifigeraete.de/9465.html list while googling them. A
> useful list to have (I am living in Berlin so now I will pay much
> closer
> attention when scouring A and V stores on the weekends!)

Pay attention to the loudspeakers surround, this material could be
kaput. Don't care about the ugly cracked colour of the box. This usually
is cracked, but the loudspeakers anyway can be perfect. I'm born and
living in the Federal Republic of Germany, in the Ruhrgebiet. Berlin is
the perfect city to get this speakers from the German Democratic
Republic. Those speakers aren't real studio monitors, but it's said that
RTF B 3010 HIFI are the best "bookshelf speakers" that were ever made on
this planet and I'm sure there are a lot of expensive near field studio
monitors that are less good.