[LAU] monitor specifications

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Mon Jan 9 03:57:52 UTC 2012

On 8 January 2012 at 22:45, Al Thompson <althompson58 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good advice.  I would point out, though, that it's really important to
> know the frequency range limitations of your monitors.  If your monitors
> have a range of 50Hz - 15kHz, for example, you could have some very
> unfortunate things going on at 40Hz and not have any hint of it until
> you heard the mix on a full range system.  No matter how familiar you
> are with your monitors, if you've got stuff going on that they can't
> reproduce, you'll never know.

I got a subwoofer for my near-field monitors and resurrected some
Altec-Lansing full range speakers.  My mixes are much better and
translate much better since I took those steps.  Now I listen on
those speakers, as well as computer speakers and headphones.  If
it sounds good on all of those, then it pretty much sounds the same
everywhere.

TTFN....

--
Kevin