[LAU] OS for realtime operation

Moshe Werner moshwe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:01:17 UTC 2012

Wow!
Thank you for your knowledgeable inputs!

It indeed seems that the openSuse distro is going into the direction of
usual office use, too bad cause I already got accustomed to it.

Will look into the options you listed. (Kxstudio probably try it out with
Arch, or Tango studio)

Something little OT, but what exactly is the difference between
Windows/Mac, where one doesn't need an rt kernel to run realtime processes,
and Linux which needs one?
Please excuse my ignorance for as I said I'm more the audio guy than
computer guy.

Really appreciate your opinions!

Moshe