[LAU] Fwd: sndfile-waveform PNG generator ?

Vytautas Jancauskas unaudio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 14:00:21 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vytautas Jancauskas <unaudio at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: [LAU] sndfile-waveform PNG generator ?
To: Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org>

It's fairly trivial to write one your own with python using scipy. Should
be in the ballpark of 20 lines or so.

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> Is there a command-line tool akin to `sndfile-spectrogram` that
> generates an image (preferably PNG) of an audio wave-form?
>
> I found endless GUI apps, but command-line tools are scarce.
>
> TIA
> robin

"Cheshire-Puss," she began, "would you tell me, please,
which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't care much where--" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.