[LAU] choir effect

Renato rennabh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 15:13:55 UTC 2012

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:42:23 +0000
Alan Russell <ajrussellaudio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Renato,

Hi Alan,

> I think, though, you're more interested in simulating the sound of a
> real "choir" of whatever instrument you're plugging through the
> effect, with different voices singing the same tune, or harmonising,
> and the subtly different qualities of the "voices" adding to the
> texture of the whole. Sounds interesting!

yes, exactly ;) precisely this thing stemmed from wondering how I could
get something close to the sound of a Batucada percussion ensemble
(those that play Samba in Rio's Carnival).

> I think pitch shifters are going to have to come into it. Not just for
> harmony parts (though I'd stick to octaves and fifths or it would get
> a bit weird, musically)

I was actually thinking of detuning each voice by a bunch of cents,
just like it would happen in real life...

I'll let you know if I find out something interesting.

best wishes,
renato