[LAU] choir effect

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Fri Jan 13 18:42:23 UTC 2012

Hi Renato!
   Why not use ecasound.It should be a standard package in a reasonable version
on every distribution and it can handle LADSPA effects. Also you can decide,
if you want to also use the interactive shell-like interface or control
parameters via MIDI. Ecasound can also handle some nice routng. Not as
powerful perhaps as Ardour, but more flexible with the features, that it has.
also you won't need to copy the file. You could have something like:
ecasound -a:1 -i playat,start[1],infile.wav -ea:gain[1] -a:2 -i \
playat,start[2],infile.wav -ea:gain[2] ... \
-a:all -o outfile.wav
   -ea is in percent 0 = silence, 100 = normal level. You can decide between
mixmode avg (devide volme by number of existing inputs or sum, just leave
everything to the user.
   After each -ea (or before) you can insert something likeL:
-eli:1767,6,3.2,2.3,0.5,0.12,0.33
   Meaning use LADSPA effect with unique ID 1767 (CAPS chorus) and the
mentioned parameters. Use analyseplugin or look at the parameter list of the
plugin in some other graphical LADSPA host.
   Ecasound can also output to JACK or alsa or oss or arts. So you can actually
use it for a performance (if your computer can stand the effort) :-).
   Warmly yours
          Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======