[LAU] bitwig announcement

hermann brummer- at web.de
Sun Jan 15 13:29:53 UTC 2012

Am Sonntag, den 15.01.2012, 17:05 +0400 schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:
> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
>
> > And about the scary part, news like this brings up questions for me. What
> > kind of users will it attract? How many users will switch and drop software
> > like Ardour and Qtractor?
>
> I know I'm not going to make any friends with such a statement, but
> what is the problem with dropping "software like Ardour and Qtractor"?
>
> If you are musician in the first place, then it's a matter of what
> works best for you. If you are geek in the first place, then there's
> no way you will abandon free software, so what's the problem? :)

Not so long ago, for most people linux was == open source, that gone
lost more and more. You didn't need to be a geek to prefer the use of
open source tools, that could also lead by sozial or maybe political
skills.
Today, it becomes harder and harder to found a place were you could talk
with people over open source tools. More and more Close Source swap into
the Linux world. For me, for example that makes linux more to a 2.
windows.
The advance of open source is that knowledge gone be a community good.
Okay, for a Musician witch just wone use the best tools to make Music,
that didn't have any impact, but also musicians could be driven by there
political or social state, and for those the place witch could be called
"home" is slipped away.