[LAU] bitwig announcement

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vait.se
Mon Jan 16 11:40:59 UTC 2012

måndagen den 16 januari 2012 10.10.09 skrev  Fons Adriaensen:

> Another thing that could happen is:
>
> - A number of Linux users buy it and use Bitwig.
> - After some time, version N+1 adds some nice features and
>   at the same time drops Linux support - "we can't spend all
>   that effort/money on supporting such a small market".
> - Users want to keep using their toy and switch to OSX or

True. And I think that this is a major concern for every platform. In example:
Apple killed the Windows version of Logic but several Open Source has
disappeared or died out to.

I have several proprietary programs, plugins and sounds (Mixbus, linuxDSP,
Pianoteq, NDK and others) and always worries about if the vendors for any
reason will abandon it (on Linux), and on the other hand - one can't be sure
that the Open Source projects will last forever either.

So what I'm doing is using long term anything as much as possible - both
proprietary and free stuff.

So why do I use Linux in the first place when I'm willing to pay for what I'm
using and also using closed stuff? -My first priority is music, then Open
Source. For me, this fits perfect in that picture.

Jostein